Cordless Hammer Drills

Status
Not open for further replies.

sguinn

brantmacga said:
i have a ryobi cordless hammer drill. the drill is fine, the batteries won't hold up though for masonry work. typically i can get less than 15 minutes of actual drilling time out of it with a full charge. for hammer drills, i use a 120v milwaukee hammer drill.

Me too, it looks kind of weird with a 1/4 in. bit in it but man that thing will drill through concrete like butter!;)

John Valdes

Occupation
Retired Electrician
Sorry folks. I got the two drills I was looking at confused. The model that I mention in my post is the corded drill, not the cordless. But from all of your input I have decided to go with a corded drill. Actually when my brother inlaw found out I was looking for one, he is going to give me one. It's a corded Craftsman 1/2". Since it will cost nothing I cant go wrong.
Thanks again for all the suggestions. I can always count on you all to help. So reliable too.........Sincerely John

c2500

John,

Just in case you still want cordless..check your local Depot. I saw today a combo kit with an SDS and regular cordless hammer for $399 with 2 batteries and bag. I am in Greenvile so the price would apply to Spartanburg.

c2500

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
blueheels2 said:
I have a 18 volt Dewalt and it works well. The only problems I have are withe really hard concrete. It does well on all other applications.
I have the DeWalt 36v hammer drill (not the rotary hammer - for that, I have a corded Bosch SDS-Max.), as well as recip and circular saws, and an angle grinder.

Next? Impact driver!

The batteries have a good running time in my opinion, and charge fairly quickly for their size. No, they don't fit in the jobsite radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.