Couldn't do this if I tried. Spot the violation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KentAT

I was remodeling my lower level bathroom. This is the other side of the wall with the sink and toilet. The black pipe is the vent pipe going up through the upper level and to the roof.

The romex to the left was a circuit the last HO had installed by an electrician for a roof mounted ventilator.

100_1907.jpg

I always had a sewer odor coming from this bathroom when my powerful whole-house fan was on. I must have changed the toilet wax ring 2-3 times trying to correct it.

I found this when I removed the custom plaster ceiling in the bathroom to install a drop ceiling. Problem found! At least he missed the nail...

100_1915.jpg

100_1913.jpg

100_1914.jpg

I wonder what the electrician thought as the black chips were falling out of the hole he was drilling. He couldn't have looked from the bathroom ceiling, as it was solid plaster. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing it wouldn't be a violation if he didn't know this had occurred?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I'm guessing it wouldn't be a violation if he didn't know this had occurred?[/quote]

If he did know I am sure he would have bushed the holes. :smile:

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Priceless!!

The electrician centered the hole hole nicely.

Very workmanlike.

mdshunk

It could have just as easily been me that drilled that hole. When you drill through knots, you'll often have black shavings. When a remodel is happening, you have all manner of flotsam and jetsam all over the floor. It's just an accident that could have happened to anyone. It is funny to look at, though.

e57

Marc, I'll actually agree with you - once.....:roll:

Who knows may have been drilled from above? Or one of them evil flexi-/versi-bits?

iaov

Dennis Alwon said:
I'm guessing it wouldn't be a violation if he didn't know this had occurred?

If he did know I am sure he would have bushed the holes. :smile:[/QUOTE] I almost hurt myself laughing when I read this Dennis!!:grin:

iaov

mdshunk said:
It could have just as easily been me that drilled that hole. When you drill through knots, you'll often have black shavings. When a remodel is happening, you have all manner of flotsam and jetsam all over the floor. It's just an accident that could have happened to anyone. It is funny to look at, though.
You're right Mark. It could happen to any of us. Its why I bought that See-Snake viewer that you told me about a few weeks ago.:smile:

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
mdshunk said:

You have ventured out into plumbing? Don't lick your finger when you turn the page in the UPC. :smile:

wireman71

I drilled a plumbing drain one time. But I fixed it instead of running through it. Whoever ran that romex through that pipe did it intentionally. Has hack written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.