Critique this "letter"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnE

Tiger Electrical said:
In my limited experience with GCs, they're only interested in getting the job done cheaper so they can pocket the difference.

Dave

That's true of a lot of them, but not all.

electricmanscott

j_erickson said:
That's true of a lot of them, but not all.

True John, and those are the guys I am looking for. There are some good contractors in this area and I see them around all the time. They also have some loser electricians working for them and if I can push them out believe me I will.

The fact is there are guys who care about their work and their customers and that is also the way I am. Those are the guys I want to work for. I have a few currently in this category. They pay me more than they have to but they know what they get for that money and appreciate that. The bottom line is things are not what they used to be and loyalty to these good guys who now are not keeping me, or themseleves, as busy as we were has kind of come back to bite me in the rear. So now I have to fill the void so to speak.

I am just looking to break the ice. Not sending a resume, just something they see and say, "Oh yeah we know this guy, he does work for so and so, they're good guys, maybe I'll give him a call" ..

John your advice is good and you seem to know exactly what I am up to.

As for the letter, I don't expect that it will be read and studied by the the guy who it is mailed to. Rather I just want to get quick points that catch their attention as they scan through.

I do appreciate all the comments and feedback. It's always helpful to have extra eyes.

Last edited:

JohnE

electricmanscott said:
True John, and those are the guys I am looking for. There are some good contractors in this area and I see them around all the time. They also have some loser electricians working for them and if I can push them out believe me I will.

The fact is there are guys who care about their work and their customers and that is also the way I am. Those are the guys I want to work for. I

John your advice is good and you seem to know exactly what I am up to.

Scott, the guys I work for are the type you work for and want to work for. We are in similar positions. It's just that my guys are building new houses and your are remodeling.

I see the "problem" with your loyalty, too. About 5 years ago I got tired of turning down so much work. I figured I should put on more guys and see how it went. There were ups and downs. Without getting into it, the biggest plus is that I increased my base of good customers. If I hadn't done that, I'd be slow as hell right now. And it's funny how one new customer leads to another, etc. It does snowball in a positve way sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.