current phase angles shifted 30deg from voltage angles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
... Now here's the question: is the L-L current leading or lagging the L-N voltage, since that would make the difference between 90+30=120 or 90-30=60deg?
Depends on which line you reference your L-L voltage. If the reference is the lagging line?such as Vab, Vbc, Vca?then a 90? L-L current lag is a 60? L-N current lag, or a 90? L-L current lead is a 120? L-N current lead.

Reference your voltage the other way?Vac, Vba, Vcb?and 90? L-L lag is 120? L-N lag, while a 90? L-L current lead would be 60? L-N current lead.

You have to take this into consideration where L-L current leads and lags combine through a common line, as the two voltages are referenced to their respective uncommon lines.

skeshesh

Depends on which line you reference your L-L voltage. If the reference is the lagging line?such as Vab, Vbc, Vca?then a 90? L-L current lag is a 60? L-N current lag, or a 90? L-L current lead is a 120? L-N current lead.

Reference your voltage the other way?Vac, Vba, Vcb?and 90? L-L lag is 120? L-N lag, while a 90? L-L current lead would be 60? L-N current lead.

You have to take this into consideration where L-L current leads and lags combine through a common line, as the two voltages are referenced to their respective uncommon lines.

Yup, agreed. Now should we talk about the system with the added consideration of p.f.?

skeshesh

I don't believe anyone will stop you :D

However, my foremost concern is mull' having an understanding of his reason for posting...

hehe true :roll: Maybe tomorrow... I'm gonno go try to stop my brain from thinking about electricity by drowning it in the silly filth our media calls entertainment and dream of a golden brown turkey!

Status
Not open for further replies.