Customer's With No Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

satcom said:
It usually goes more like I don't have the full amount, how about I pay you 2K now, and the balance later, later never comes, and if you call to ask for your money, they can get down right nasty at times, how dare you ask to get paid!

That's why my contracts not only have the price, but also payment requirements.

wireman71

I worked for a company that billed and didn't worry about getting paid up front. Think the company lawyer was called ASAP on dead beats and liens put against property among other things.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
wireman71 said:
I worked for a company that billed and didn't worry about getting paid up front. Think the company lawyer was called ASAP on dead beats and liens put against property among other things.

I have dealt with several contractors who did not want to be paid until they billed me. I think it has to do with how their banking arrangements are setup. Banks like to loan against AR.

jimmyglen

I am not going to pay because ............

I am not going to pay because ............

watch out for the "reverse heat"

often times people need an emergency repair and dont have the money

they will have the work done ( yuppi you get the job!)

AND THEN they
look for a "problem" with your work (complain about the work or the man etc)or some other reason NOT to pay you

they will make it hell for you to "collect" because the bottom line is THEY DONT WANT (OR HAVE THE MONEY) TO PAY - they do a reversal on you

Status
Not open for further replies.