Day one of California Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

khixxx

You guys think CA is crazy. I am trying to relocate to TX and they tell me I'm not qualified to take my journeyman exam. I only have a AST degree in electrical maintenance and construction. 7 years field experience in residential, commercial, and industrial fields. 5 years as a Licensed Journeyman and 2 years with my master electrician license and my electrical contractors license for the state of WV. The past 2 years I have been working evenings and nights on my own company. They told me I need to prove I have 4 years working under a master electrician. The funny part is I was told the 2 years with my masters license will count towards the 4 years I didn't know what to say when he told me that. My old boss is MIA not employed at the old company so I have to either tract him down like a dog, or contact the electrical board to get the information. I guess this stuff looks good on paper. excuse me I'm just venting.

sandsnow

e57 said:
Larry, I think they mean "NICET" or equal that may be required by employer or job spec's.... ????????????

If you work for Pyromania Alarm Co. you can be either General Journeyman or Fire life safety at the company discretion.

NICET is not mentioned anywhere in the Fire Life Safety Certification info that I know of. Is it???

e57

sandsnow said:
If you work for Pyromania Alarm Co. you can be either General Journeyman or Fire life safety at the company discretion.

NICET is not mentioned anywhere in the Fire Life Safety Certification info that I know of. Is it???

Not suprisingly - it is not! Details.....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.