Does 10' tap rule length include equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritelec

even if the meters are allowed in the tap conductors - many of the ones pictured still do not end at a single overcurrent device from what I can tell. Each of those panels would need to have a main breaker installed.

Good point.. Thank you for "all" the responses.

I'm thinking the whole thing has to be done. But as mentioned the owner is just thinking the meter that burnt be fixed…

Even if just the meter section to the pizza guy's panel was done, if something happened, I think whoever installed the meter might have to prove his install was or was not to blame..??
but more straight ahead…

The meter feeds the pizza guys panel, it's 150 amp 1 phase 30 circ that has been tandemed out to have +- 60 circs in it, along with another feeder taken out of it for an AC and something else…

Wouldn't "just" replacing the meter, and KNOWINGLY energizing that panel make whoever did it liable ??

(I have to mention too, as I was telling him about the whole thing being a mess and needing work, and he keeps bringing it back to the meter… he also mentioned he probably has other work for me cause he's a "builder"……)

(think I should run and not walk?)

kwired

Electron manager
Good point.. Thank you for "all" the responses.

I'm thinking the whole thing has to be done. But as mentioned the owner is just thinking the meter that burnt be fixed…

Even if just the meter section to the pizza guy's panel was done, if something happened, I think whoever installed the meter might have to prove his install was or was not to blame..??
but more straight ahead…

The meter feeds the pizza guys panel, it's 150 amp 1 phase 30 circ that has been tandemed out to have +- 60 circs in it, along with another feeder taken out of it for an AC and something else…

Wouldn't "just" replacing the meter, and KNOWINGLY energizing that panel make whoever did it liable ??

(I have to mention too, as I was telling him about the whole thing being a mess and needing work, and he keeps bringing it back to the meter… he also mentioned he probably has other work for me cause he's a "builder"……)

(think I should run and not walk?)

Do you need a permit to fix/replace the damaged meter? If so then at least the inspector will see the rest of the mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.