Dolby 5.1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
I learned about bridging amps many years ago the hard way. When I replaced my old 8 track player in my van with new technology - a Craig Power Play cassette player - I just hooked it up to the old speaker system that used the van chassis as the common negative of all the speakers. I thought this was supposed to be way loud. Why does it sound all distorted when I turn it up all the way? Do I smell smoke? :confused:

Last edited:

Smart $

Esteemed Member
What??????
At least it isn't "WHAT??????" ;)

I sincerely hope loudness hasn't made you hearing impaired... but now I'm even concerned that it has not made you reading impaired :D

Though I like my music loud (with distortion free and acoustically balanced having a higher priority), I often restrain myself from cranking it up so as to forestall permanent hearing loss.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
At least it isn't "WHAT??????" ;)
Actually, that's what I typed, but the forum software dropped the caps.

I sincerely hope loudness hasn't made you hearing impaired... but now I'm even concerned that it has not made you reading impaired :D
Not yet. :roll:

Though I like my music loud (with distortion free and acoustically balanced having a higher priority), I often restrain myself from cranking it up so as to forestall permanent hearing loss.
Me, too, and me, too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.