Donnie's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

76nemo

I posted this on another website. I found quite a few people who have never seen this. I don't care what you do in the field, as part of anyones training, this should be one of the first video's you're made to watch.
I got all kinds of response about this in the other forum. People we're blown away. I was about in tears the first time I watched it. It gives me cold chills every time I watch it. It's that one small slip, that one small mistake that's hiding around the corner waiting for you.
Just watch the video, that'll put it into perspective better than I can with words. You'll have to sign up if you never have before. It just takes a minute, don't blow this off!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oyohKmeNpE

76nemo

Yes

Yes

Yeah Dennis. Did you sign up? You have to in order to be able to view it because it is rated for adult viewing only. Please try again, and sign up if needed.

Jljohnson

I had seen this videp before. Tugs at the old heart a bit to watch it and realize that we are all one mistake away from something very bad. Please be careful out there compadres.

76nemo

It looks like qwerty12345 was able to view it. I have been watching Who's Online and he's been there awhile. If he's like me, I watched it, no exaggeration at all, about 15 times the first time I was turned on to it. I WAS GLUED. I forgot to pass it on to this forum. DUHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
76nemo said:
It looks like qwerty12345 was able to view it. I have been watching Who's Online and he's been there awhile. If he's like me, I watched it, no exaggeration at all, about 15 times the first time I was turned on to it. I WAS GLUED. I forgot to pass it on to this forum. DUHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched it for awhile but it hit home to much for me. My dad died in a similar accident. Burns are one of the worst things that can happen to you. Every doctor I ever met said the burn center was the most horrible place to work in. I understand why.

76nemo

Great outcome

Great outcome

By the way, I was personally able to get through to Donnie and his wife through email. Their family is doing great. If you scroll down on the comments for the video, you'll see where willie333333, (his wifes account), wrote in and said they just celebrated their 15th anniversary. Just gives you more cold chills.
That man is a walking miracle. He is still working for the same company, and said he truly does miss the hands on work.
MAN,.....oh MAN...................................!!!!!

76nemo

Dennis Alwon said:
I watched it for awhile but it hit home to much for me. My dad died in a similar accident. Burns are one of the worst things that can happen to you. Every doctor I ever met said the burn center was the most horrible place to work in. I understand why.

Dennis, I am very TRULY sorry. I feel like the video should be promoted to everyone in the field. I am SO sorry that brought bad memories back for you.
PLEASE accept that.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
76nemo said:
Dennis, I am very TRULY sorry. I feel like the video should be promoted to everyone in the field. I am SO sorry that brought bad memories back for you.
PLEASE accept that.

It is quite alright. I agree people should be aware and I am in no way upset. Thank you for your concern

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
You can get to the video HERE with out registering.

Scroll down below the first video/interview and click the start arrow.

Dennis, my condolences as well.

Roger

76nemo

Thanks Roger

Thanks Roger

Thanks alot for that Roger. I know myself when I see something I have to sign up for to view, I am very reluctant. We need to get as many people as possible to see this. Thanks for offering a way without having to register for anything.
Well, right away, I can see YOU are the man for the job.
Thanks again Roger:wink:

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
76nemo, you're welcome. As far as being the man for the job, I don't know about that. :)

Roger

76nemo

Never thought of that. Ohh, how the memories escape me:-?
When I first looked at Rogers link, I clicked on the Play button on the lower left hand corner. No go. Clicked on the larger arrow in the middle of the screen view, popped right up. I have seen the first video as well, it's the next story BELOW it.

"Donnie's Accident"

DAWGS

I watched it the other day, had to pull a meter at my sisters house that night and made darn sure I had my arc flash on.

Status
Not open for further replies.