Electric bill increase after rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
I don't really know. She said the poco gave her a daily breakdown of usage. Is this live minute by minute. I doubt it. Either way she wants the service upgraded and to be overhead. As well as the 6 panels brought up to standard.
Its a mess, there's little panels like you might see in a really old house. 6 or 8 space federal Pacific. . I'm having enough fun sorting out what's what and how to 're work it into a descent electrical system.
Well from what I recall being mentioned earlier we do have some pumps that run when rain water is present - and possibly other loads, just like the AC would run when the weather is hot and increase usage on those days, or like how energy use would increase on cold days or maybe even on laundry day.

Meg out the conductors

Meg out the conductors

A megger tests resistance under high voltage (with the power off and the circuit open). You have to crank it up with a handle for each test to produce the voltage. It will tell you if the insulation between conductors is weak. Might need to test while the ground is wet. It should tell you which circuit is bleeding power.

Jon456

Yes, Memories.... What was the overhead hoist used for ? It is an awful large tank to use for scalding hogs at butcher time.
I was wondering the same thing. Are there a number of missing persons in the local area? Perhaps check for bodies in the bottom of the tank. :eek:

:roll:

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
I don't really know. She said the poco gave her a daily breakdown of usage. Is this live minute by minute. I doubt it. Either way she wants the service upgraded and to be overhead. As well as the 6 panels brought up to standard.
Its a mess, there's little panels like you might see in a really old house. 6 or 8 space federal Pacific. . I'm having enough fun sorting out what's what and how to 're work it into a descent electrical system.
Well, I guess if that's what she believes and is willing to pay for rebuilding the service overhead, then it doesn't make much difference whether her reasoning is sound or not.

electricalist

Well, I guess if that's what she believes and is willing to pay for rebuilding the service overhead, then it doesn't make much difference whether her reasoning is sound or not.
Because that's just how it is some times.
Really I never approach any job that way, I've lost more business by asking what do you want when do you want it and what's your budget, then give them a sollution that means less work for us.
I like my trade and end up with good customers and don't land the big money.

Status
Not open for further replies.