Electrical contractors in Mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdog76

It goes back to a saying I picked up here on the forum, a while back. There are three ways to do work, but you can only choose 2 of them.
1) It can be fast
2) It can be good
3) It can be cheap

You can only pick two of them. ;)

peter d

check the code, neat and workman like manner. What seperates you from some laborer? A real professional is neat and fast.

Neat and workmanlike is actually considered a vague and unenforceable term.

Consider an installation with MC cable, the preferred wiring method for many commercial occupations these days. I can run it as the crow flies, leave all kinds of twists in the cable and do the sloppiest job in the world, but as long as I meet the minimum support requirements there is no hazard as far as the NEC is concerned. It may not be "neat and workmanlike" but it is hazard free and code compliant.

iwire

Staff member
check the code, neat and workman like manner.

The NFPA considers both of those terms vague and possibly unenforceable.

What separates you from some laborer?

What separates a field electrician working large construction from a laborer? (Which I assume JJWalecka is talking about based on the company he worked for)

Training and skill but in the end it is just like assembly line work and the customer usually does not want us to be artists they want us to be done and gone.

A real professional is neat and fast.

Yes, and a professional can separate what their own desires are from the customers needs and their employers bottom line.

If the customer pays for a Kia I have no problem giving them a Kia, if the customer wants a hand crafted work of art ........... and is willing to pay for it ..... I can do that as well. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.