Estimate is too high on labor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhfire77

45 x $175.00 = $7,875.00...
$1,800 material.

i'd go at $7,200
leaves me $5,400 for labor and my trouble.
installed, punched down, and certified.

what did you bid it at?

We had to give labor and materials as 2 numbers so, it comes out to about $130 per drop. it's an add, so the lift is already in the budget. And I have 20% of the cable on hand that didn't cost me a thing. Some 1 man shows are doing $100/drop around here. I'm not a one trick pony, I'm the whole side show :)

The exact problem isn't that my price is too high, we have an agreed labor rate, all adds are T+M. So instead of trying to renegotiate the rate (not happening) they have unrealistic expectations. It looks like someone else is going to do it. Im done trying to find a way to lose money for someone else.

Daja7

Im done trying to find a way to lose money for someone else.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly ther correct attitude. Do it once and you will be doing it every time.
If you have worked for them before they will have you back again with a little newfound respect.
If not move on. We work to make a living not to keep someone elses budget in tact.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
We had to give labor and materials as 2 numbers so, it comes out to about $130 per drop. it's an add, so the lift is already in the budget. And I have 20% of the cable on hand that didn't cost me a thing. Some 1 man shows are doing $100/drop around here. I'm not a one trick pony, I'm the whole side show :)

The exact problem isn't that my price is too high, we have an agreed labor rate, all adds are T+M. So instead of trying to renegotiate the rate (not happening) they have unrealistic expectations. It looks like someone else is going to do it. Im done trying to find a way to lose money for someone else.

there are guys advertising $100 a drop around here, as well..... but everything is a la carte,
so it ends up being about $150 a drop... the $100 rate is under a certain length, no firewalls, yada yada....
if automakers build cars like this, a SUV would cost $388, but wouldn't have a steering wheel. :lol:

$130 is a good number for an extra. that is right where i'd probably end up, as additional work.
i'm already there, etc..... so you price it aggressively enough to ensure you get the work....

you are fine. bummer it doesn't look like you are gonna do the work. in my experience, when
people start doing this dance, trying to chisel a couple percentage points off something, it's
a sign that there is someone new in the mix, seeing how far they can pee.

things change.

Status
Not open for further replies.