Failed attic

Status
Not open for further replies.

growler

stickboy1375 said:
Maybe the HVAC guys should have built the floor while they were up in the attic? :roll:

That's the way I see it. It's up to the HVAC contractor to floor his own work area and make sure that the location will support any additional loads. We don't decide where to put the units, that's the HVAC contractor's call.

Oakey

celtic said:
What's the plan next time Johnny Homeowner wants to play electrician?
Exactly Celtic. I specified it on my proposal that hes wiring the oven but I'm always open to the knowledge of the experienced guys here for advice. I am sending a certified letter to the town tommorrow.

celtic

Oakey said:
Exactly Celtic. I specified it on my proposal that hes wiring the oven but I'm always open to the knowledge of the experienced guys here for advice. I am sending a certified letter to the town tommorrow.

It's a tight spot you are in:
a) Do whatever it takes to finish the job, get paid and move on...aka shut up and take the money...along with the EI issues.
b) Report the HO to the Board/Building Dept. and let them deal with him - all the while (possibly) holding up your money and certainly putting a strain on this "working" relationship.

Neither option is very promising.

It's all well and good to plot and plan for next time - but that does little good NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.