Finding Companies in need of a Qualifying Party

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Does anyone have any advice on how to locate new or expanding companies that are in need of an EE-98 license? I found one company in Michigan that pairs contractors to companies, essentially making you that company's qualifying party. Unfortunately, they charge an outrageous fee to do so and take a monthly cut of profits making that idea virtually ridiculous.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Does anyone have any advice on how to locate new or expanding companies that are in need of an EE-98 license? I found one company in Michigan that pairs contractors to companies, essentially making you that company's qualifying party. Unfortunately, they charge an outrageous fee to do so and take a monthly cut of profits making that idea virtually ridiculous.

🤔

Isn’t that illegal in New Mexico unless you actually work for the company?

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
You are correct. In addition to just working for the company, one must hold a supervisory role of projects completed. If you know of a platform please let me know! Thanks!!

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I don't know about NM. For several years, I had an Electrical Administrator license in Washington (never actually used it). The rules there state that an electrical contracting company had to have one, and only one, person assigned to that role. It had to be that person's full-time job, and the assignment had to be formally and officially documented.

It seems to me that you are looking for multiple companies. If I am right about that, are you sure it is OK with the state of NM?

mtnelect

HVAC & Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Contractor, C10 & C20 - Semi Retired
In California it's a RME "Responsible Managing Employee".

If the qualifier is an RME, they must be a bona fide employee of the
firm and may not be the qualifier on any other active CSLB license.
The RME must be permanently employed by the firm and actively
engaged in the operation of the contracting business at least 32 hours
per week or 80 percent of the total business operating hours per
week, whichever is less.

The CSLB has clamped down on contractors going overboard with RME & RMO working at multiple businesses, which is humanly impossible in a day.