food trailer electrical

Status
Not open for further replies.

abe1979

New User
Occupation
self employed
Hi everyone,

I finally found an adapter to hook it up to my generator, it's a 10,000 watts output, I know it's over kill, but I could use it as a back up generator for the house as well
😉
. once hooked up, I wanted to try everything in it of course, lights, plugs and water. when I opened the faucet and opened the water to the hot water tank, the pumps sound like on and off on and off pushes water out and then it stops, then I started smelling like burning wire from the hot water tank, could it be cause it just started this year, everything was winterized. or do I need 50 amp hook up instead of the 30 amp i'm hooked on. couple time as well the new 10,000 watts generator acted like it was going to stop and the lights dimmed in the trailer like I'm pulling too much power. I hope that makes sense. if not I will have to take a video, hopefully I don't don't have to, I don't want to cause more damage . it is mentioned in the description of the trailer that it could be 30 amp or 50 amp to allow plugging fridges and so on. I don't have major appliances, couple prep fridges. Is there a way to post pictures? I will post a link to the facebook post where I posted some pictures as well. another question, I found an adapter 50 amp to 15 amp regular house plug. could I use that to plug the trailer to my house power plug outside?
I apologize if I'm not allowed to post links I will deleted, I'm just trying to show the plugs I'm working with

Thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.