FPE panel question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
I agree get rid of those FPE . How about them Zinsco's
There a real fire waiting to happen also.

Bob Kraemer

steveng said:
from one junior electrcian to the MOB!!!,
now a days when he's in a panel or has some enclosure open, everyone around starts moving back...
Moving back.... I would be running for cover :rolleyes: :grin:

racerdave3

As far as the question of a GE or Square D panel, although GE is an adequate panel, I personally much rather prefer to install Square D. I offer the customer the choice between the QO or the Homeline. I tell them it is a price issue with the Homeline being the economy way to go, but the QO is like buying a Cadillac over a Chevy. Usually the biggest selling point is the visible trip indicator on the QO breakers. Folks like to open the panel cover and have it more than obvious which breaker just tripped on them.

Bob Kraemer

When I do a service change I usually use the SQ D Homeline or ITE value pack's from Home Depot. For the way electric panels are constructed I think the Cuttler Hammer type CH panels are the best. I like the metal mounting rails for the breakers as opposed to the plastic mounting rails of the other brands.
Just my .02 cents

paul

As far as trip curve ratings, the Sq D and Cutler Hammer type CH are nearly identical. I'm in the same camp as Stew and Bob, I would use either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.