Fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjp_ne_elec

Iwire - can you say why? I always provide a switch right down under the sink where I install the receptacle - but I'm am curious about why you disagree with izak's point.

Again - I'm still looking to understand what "push-back" is, as well.

iwire

Staff member
bjp_ne_elec said:
Iwire - can you say why? I always provide a switch right down under the sink where I install the receptacle - but I'm am curious about why you disagree with izak's point.

I disagree as izak's and others position is based on reading only one section of the NEC 422.31(B).

IMO we still have to meet the requirements of 422.32.

No one has been able to show me any reason 422.32 can be ignored.

bjp_ne_elec said:
Again - I'm still looking to understand what "push-back" is, as well.

A push-back is additional protection to a cord set where the cord enters the unit. It is designed to help reduce the pressure of the cord as it bends, adding some strain relief.

http://www.intlcordsets.com/images/14d.gif

this picture is not the greatest of examples, but it gives you an idea. Take a look at the additional protection at the male end of the cord set, that is what the push-back protection will look like...somewhat.

Terrynistler

I disagree? How would or do you hook up a standard resi d/w? I cord connect to a split duplex receptacle under the sink 90% of the time. Top is switched for garbage disposal and bottom is for d/w. Again 90% of the time the d/w is next to the kitchen sink there are times it is different.

Cavie

Did anybody else pick up on the receptical location?? 7.3.2 (a) "adjacent to". Not occupying the same space as in the NEC. Now what?

Jomaul

Maybe we should mount a combination motor starter and disconnect on the front of the cabinet next to the dishwasher, that way everybody could be accomadated. and let's not forget the motor overloads. It's just a dishwasher in a residential kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.