GFCI required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regularkevin

Perhaps you can tell us what that has to do with the derailed topic. :confused:

Elecitricmanscott; everyone is discussing an 'unfinished basement' when it was clearly stated as being finished. Two pages later everyone is still discussing the semantics of an unfinished space; that would be great for another thread. The point of my code reference had to do with the type of equipment installed and that this isn't a commercial install, right? Next, the code book refers to unfinished rooms, if there is a article that I missed that had to do with finished basement, please elaborate. I'd truly like to understand how I couldn't find it.

I tried to find a reasonable code reference to deal with the HACR equipment that was installed. What I didn't find was reference to a finished area with said equipment. I was using '05 and '08 for my lookup.

Is it unanimous that a GFI should be installed? I would install one there.

Last edited:

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
I believe the intent of the Code was to provide protection in areas with bare concrete floors.

Regardless, it is no secret that a bare concrete floor places inhabitants in more peril and a GFCI should be installed in a room with bare concrete floors based upon common sense alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.