Grounding bed sheets- come on man, is this snake oil?

Buck Parrish

So now you can plug your sheets in for nothing more then an earth ground. It's suppose to help you sleep. Although in one review I read. Their was no comtinuity from the plug to the sheet.
Is this snake oil? Or do you sleep on one?
They call it

Grounding Sheet 10% Silver Fiber & Organic Cotton- Conductive with Grounding Cord, Grounding Keep Good Sleep, Natural Health (76x80 Inch)​

Check the link below , they're kind of pricey

4-20mA

an analog man in a digital world
Occupation
Instrumentation & Electrical

Oh it's real alright...
Posted this(or one like it) in the funny pic thread several months back...

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
Better off using an anti-static ground strap for working with electronic circuits. Wrapped around your ankle, you won't short out the remote for the TV!

Buck Parrish

Better off using an anti-static ground strap for working with electronic circuits. Wrapped around your ankle, you won't short out the remote for the TV!
Some people are thinking that the sheets make them sleep better. IMO they're so gullable.

Last edited:

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
As best anybody can tell, electromagnetic hypersensitivity is all in the mind.

On the other hand, psychosomatic ailments often respond to psychosomatic treatments.
I've read some accounts that put EM Hypersensitivity in the 'plausible' category-- some have moved to that town that bans all EM activity, and their symptoms go away. That might be psychosomatic, but if birds do, bees do it, and even syncopated fleas do it, why can't humans be sensitive to EM fields as well?

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
I've read some accounts that put EM Hypersensitivity in the 'plausible' category-- some have moved to that town that bans all EM activity, and their symptoms go away. That might be psychosomatic, but if birds do, bees do it, and even syncopated fleas do it, why can't humans be sensitive to EM fields as well?
I think this is something that'd need extensive research from a completely unbiased person. The thing is that if it does cause problems then no government will want it known and no one in society is ready to walk away from the "progress" we've made. I don't think 60hz does anything bad really but maybe a few hundred or thousand does. If it did cause real issues how would we even fix it. You can't mitigate all radio communication like we can lead paint.

rek008

New User
Occupation
Electrician
Alot of the sheets and mats are probably BS. However after waking up if you go stand outside barefoot for 10-15 minutes that is the real deal. Your body is made up of electricity so being in direct contact with bare earth does have a postive impact on your body. Its not the magic pill or the fountain of youth but a free and easy way to improve your health. Dont sleep on this. I wake up every morning and cold plunge then stand on my lawn for 15 minutes and if its out I soak up the sun. It has definitely improved my health and state of well being.