Have you ever seen one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterinbama

These were common once too.

267827831_tp.jpg

I replaced the last one in my house when I upgraded from a tele-type to a 1440 baud modem. I could download a black and white weather map in a blistering 17 minutes

bradleyelectric

I replaced the last one in my house when I upgraded from a tele-type to a 1440 baud modem. I could download a black and white weather map in a blistering 17 minutes

Funny. I still have some in my house. I'm not using the phone lines for other than voice. This house was built in '72. I've only been here close to 2 years and have run new lines to where I need them, and don't even go upstairs in this house much. Did add low voltage recessed lights and ceiling fan into the master bedroom upstairs. Otherwise my time has been mostly working on the property. The outside shower stall is finished.

c2500

While we are on the subject.....did they make some kind of plug in for this device? I was in the attic today, and while there was early NM attached to the non powered portion, there is some bare stranded copper running along a bunch of ceramic isolators. This is in the general area above where the receptacle was located. I can only assume it was for reception purposes.

c2500

While we are on the subject.....did they make some kind of plug in for this device? I was in the attic today, and while there was early NM attached to the non powered portion, there is some bare stranded copper running along a bunch of ceramic isolators. This is in the general area above where the receptacle was located. I can only assume it was for reception purposes.

c2500

aerial_plug.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.