Heart Failure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
There has to be some way to model or calculate the heat that would be produced from the inductive heating. Inductive heating is a common method of producing heat and I can't imagine that all of the systems designed to produce heat by induction were done by the trial and error method.

Besoeker

Perhaps there would be no problem when a conductor carrying current not exceeding 200A is enclosed in steel conduit.
Also I think, instead of fully enclosing the conductor with steel sleeve, if the conductor is enclosed in parts with suitable openings along the sleeve, the temperature rise in the sleeve and in the conductor may not be excessive.
An individual conduit for each conductor and holes made along its length?
Seems like a lot of work and fraught with problems.
My suggestion of a fault limiting reactor would seem to be more practical and a known solution that's been used in practice.

T

T.M.Haja Sahib

An individual conduit for each conductor and holes made along its length?
Seems like a lot of work and fraught with problems.
My suggestion of a fault limiting reactor would seem to be more practical and a known solution that's been used in practice.
Agreed. It is highly unlikely that my suggested method would be implemented. It is just an academic discussion to understand more about the phenomena and any possibility of implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.