heater in shower ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Ahh, now thats why. Makes sense. Would this also force a 20amp circuit since its called for in the instructions despite the current rating only being 12.5 amps?
Could it be that the manufacturer wants it wired for continuous use?

kwired

Electron manager
I make my living installing circuits. I am fine with every item requiring a dedicated circuit.
Easy to say when you are the installer, not as easy (I didn't say impossible) to say when you are the one that does bidding and has to be competitive with the bid.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Could it be that the manufacturer wants it wired for continuous use?

They might considering its a heating load (as the NEC considers them as such)... but in my eyes 12.5amps already looks to be taking continuous into account.

kwired

Electron manager
They might considering its a heating load (as the NEC considers them as such)... but in my eyes 12.5amps already looks to be taking continuous into account.
Spring wound timer three hours max and without any hold position as a control makes it not a continuous load:happyyes:

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Spring wound timer three hours max and without any hold position as a control makes it not a continuous load:happyyes:
After my wife burned two holes in the carpet and melted a corner of my shaving kit by forgetting and leaving on her curling iron, I put one of those on the outlet in her section of the bathroom counter.

kwired

Electron manager
After my wife burned two holes in the carpet and melted a corner of my shaving kit by forgetting and leaving on her curling iron, I put one of those on the outlet in her section of the bathroom counter.
She needs new curling iron, AFAIK today they all shut off after certain time period, and need to be "started" after you plug them in as well. Not that I use one, but the wife is always complaining when she comes back later to find it isn't warm yet because she forgot to start it.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
She needs new curling iron, AFAIK today they all shut off after certain time period, and need to be "started" after you plug them in as well. Not that I use one, but the wife is always complaining when she comes back later to find it isn't warm yet because she forgot to start it.
I do that with our oven a lot. First you press Bake, then enter the temperature and everything looks fine but if I do not press Start it shuts off after I have walked away. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.