help with hood system

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I know it's bit late in the game to reply to this thread but I'd like to add a few things to the list in my last post. I recently had two systems at one facility that I had to wire. One system had a gas range that was mechanically shut down via the extinguishing system control panel (I've had other outdoor cooking stations at the same facility where the gas was shut down electrically via a solenoid). In addition to that there is a thermostat installed in each hood. That T-stat has to be wired in parallel with the exhaust fan switch in the event that whomever is cooking forgets to turn on the exhaust. Finally, I was informed by the extinguishing system company that any splices utilizing the two micro-switches in their panel have to be made in a separate JB outside the panel in order for them to maintain their UL listing.

The other system I had wired had two electric ovens with a common hood. Both ovens had to be shut down via a shunt trip breaker.

BTW, I also started another thread on this topic if you're interested in more info. It's located here : http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=171093

Hope this is helpful.

• Make the exhaust fan come on (irrespective of whether it was running or not)
  • Shut down the make-up air system
  • Shut off the lights in each hood
  • Shut off gas or electric supply to ovens
  • Connect hood T-stat to exhaust fan switch
  • Trigger the fire alarm system

Status
Not open for further replies.