HI_RISE ac compressors on roof 100 apts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
I've seen a single large (maybe 6") penetration between 4 units. Both the low voltage and the line voltage stubbed through then sealed off. You go from 200 individual penetrations to 25. Try and get the AC contractor to orient the unit tie in corner to the stub.

View attachment 21353

MY biggest concern is how they are going to charge these units, its often bad enough when you have to do one unit, but clusters pointing every which way?

I've seen a single large (maybe 6") penetration between 4 units. Both the low voltage and the line voltage stubbed through then sealed off. You go from 200 individual penetrations to 25. Try and get the AC contractor to orient the unit tie in corner to the stub.

View attachment 21353
yes we have done that in the past for 16 units, i wanted to find out if someone done something with this many condensing units.

i will have to run power and low voltage separate since air handle is not same circuit as condensing units so i cant run my wires in same conduit

I don't see why your low voltage cold not be grouped through the same penetration as the refrigerant lines.

Sent from my LGL157BL using Tapatalk

i just did that in another project and my inspector was looking for fire stopping detail that we can share same penetration, weird but i found one that allows it free wire, but couldn't find the one with conduit. i had to put them separate

Status
Not open for further replies.