High lumen recessed

Ok update: I got the lights all in and turned on. IT was a lot of work. For one thing I had to layout the plywood and fasten it down as it was all stacked up from when they had the spaces vacuumed out. I decided to go nice nice and use emt as it seemed minimal more work than using mc luminary cable and much nicer. The whips on the lights were only 2 feet and not replaceable so I need a j box for every light. It wasnt so bad though I went Detroit style and mass produced all the parts, and I have the greenlee offset bender so the conduit work all went quick.

Currently they are just on full blast as I havnt figured out the specifics of the dimming and controls. They are set at 4000 LM, they can go up to 5000. I am happy with the spacing when ended up being like 68" in one axis, and in the other axis 70" on one side and 65" on the other. I was able to spread them out a bit on the one side by cutting and headering off one joist, and that made them fill up the space just right. I think it came out perfect really. I dont think I would want to use theses fixtures on the 5000LM setting unless the ceilings were much higher, its just too much light in such a small area, but its not overbearing to look at at the 4k setting.

Attachments

• boxes.jpg
    boxes.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 18
  • conduit.jpg
    conduit.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 16
  • conduit2.jpg
    conduit2.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 17
  • lights1.jpg
    lights1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 18
  • lights2.jpg
    lights2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 18

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
What kind of lab is this? It may be deceiving, based on the camera's auto features, but it almost doesn't look very bright for a lab. The ones I've been in, you could do surgery on the tables.