High quality outdoor path lighting

JoeNorm

There are some old threads on this but I wanted to ask again in 2024. It is hard to sort through the countless brands, I am interested in very high end residential landscape options. Stuff that will last in a marine environment for many years.

Thanks

JoeNorm

I can give you some good recommendations. What type of fixtures are you looking for? Bollards, mushroom lights, in-grades, etc.
In this case the customer wants path lighting and is drawn to the upside down L-shaped lights.

Example: https://www.seginuslighting.com/pro...MIobG22dq2hQMV6YBaBR03ZQqUEAQYAyABEgIJS_D_BwE

I am also having a heck of a time finding a simple transformer to to mount indoors(crawlspace) to be switched with a wall switch in the house

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Many of the landscape lighting transformers are marked they are for installation outdoors only. Not sure why you would want to install one in the crawlspace. Not a place I want to spend doing the install or resetting a breaker if it trips.

If you do install a transformer inside a building the wiring inside the building will need to be a Chapter 3 wiring method. Landscape lighting is not a Chapter 3 wiring method. If the power requirements are low (60 watts max) you could use a listed 12 volt Class 2 power supply with listed Class 2 low voltage cable.