How do you answer the "how much do you charge" and "how long will it take" question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Let me see if I understand:
You gave them a bid. You know the hours. You know the crew.

And you can't give them an estimated completion date? And you think the customer is leaning on you when they ask for a completion date?

ice
If other trades are involved, completion date may not be very predictable. I can have it done by such and such date IF, the framers meet a particular schedule, IF walls are finished at a predetermined time, IF the HVAC guys get their equipment in place by a specific time.....

iceworm

Curmudgeon still using printed IEEE Color Books
Occupation
EE (Field - as little design as possible)
If other trades are involved, completion date may not be very predictable. I can have it done by such and such date IF, the framers meet a particular schedule, IF walls are finished at a predetermined time, IF the HVAC guys get their equipment in place by a specific time.....
Okay, that's true.

ice

+1...just got burned on a job because framers weren't done with wall, floors weren't done, etc.....ended up making 4 trips just for rough now going back tomorrow to trim out...probably gonna have $600 in drive time by the end of job. Didn't figure that in!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.