how do you dress for your class

Status
Not open for further replies.

raider1

Staff member
My take was to always be the best dressed guy in the room, but not overdressed.. Depends on the audience.

I agree 100%.

When I teach the apprenticeship class in the evenings it is jeans and a polo style shirt.

When I teach 8 hour CEU classes it is slacks, button up shirt & tie.

Chris

wwcline

As an Instructor in a Technical Center, we are required to wear Slacks and a collared polo Monday- Thursday. On Friday, we can wear Jeans and a polo. Often times, especially at the beginning of the year, they would like us to wear ties.

stevenje

We once had an inspector who wore $500 suits and Gucchi shoes and required E/Cs to place walkboards down on muddy jobs so he clould make it to the job site.
He wasn't around for too long.
Many years ago, if the weather was bad, we had an inspector who would just keep honking his horn until somebody brought out the permit card for him to sign off on.

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC
I agree 100%.

When I teach the apprenticeship class in the evenings it is jeans and a polo style shirt.

When I teach 8 hour CEU classes it is slacks, button up shirt & tie.

Chris

I like this approach. Although I do not teach CEU, when I teach Apprenticeship classes I try to be as clean and professional as possible while at the same time not giving my students the idea that I am a preppy who has never been in the field. So I wear a clean crisp pair of jeans with a nice crisp polo tucked in with a belt. Even though it may sounds stupid I often wear a polo with a trade relationship ie Klein, GE, simkar etc...... what vendors give me.

THAT REMINDS ME....... We designed t shirts but if Mike had some Mike holt polos I would buy one? What say you?

cripple

how to dress for your class

how to dress for your class

I work as an electrical inspector and have taught code class for the company work for, for the past 14 years, on the days I teach I will wear my every day work clothes just make sure they are clean. I have attended many code seminars where the instructors have been dressed from a suit and tie to jeans and nice shirt; it always seems how they are dressed has never impress me as much as their knowledge of the material they are teaching.

Electric-Light

I haven't seen many professors/instructors in a suit. There was one adjunct professor who did. He always showed up in suit and tie. It was a business finance class.

Status
Not open for further replies.