Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
So many ways for this to go bad ..........:D

All that pic is missing is a caption

attachment.php

"Hey guys watch this"

chevyx92

Not if .......but when that rope snaps.....LOOK OUT!!!!

Better yet, the rope did snap and he put a chain through it and then the pipe kinked, lol, I didn't get a pic of it though. :( This was hilarious, everyone was in safe positions BTW, thats why we were laughing. Sometime you need to humor ignorance right?

chevyx92

Just a kinked pipe, I was picturing broken window in the van, broken stuff around the area. :D

Thats what I was worrying about. But did not happen. Rope hooked to chain through pipe equalled kinked 4" EMT. Game over. Everyone a good ways back in case something went wrong. I don't know why I even allowed such stupidity. Oh yeah we don't have a bender that will bend 4" EMT. :) We needed a 10 degree bend a couldn't even get that!

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
We had the same problem up until a year ago when we got one of those Greenlee Cam-Track benders for a cool $17 g's. It used to be such a huge pain planning your pipe runs to utilize factory bends, otherwise we were bending emt around truck tires, etc...

I feel your pain.

chevyx92

We had the same problem up until a year ago when we got one of those Greenlee Cam-Track benders for a cool $17 g's. It used to be such a huge pain planning your pipe runs to utilize factory bends, otherwise we were bending emt around truck tires, etc...

I feel your pain.

Oh I bend 2 1/2" EMT and under all day long on the front tires! :grin: 4" is just too hard.

iwire

Staff member
Everyone a good ways back in case something went wrong.

I figured, for guys to be standing between the pipe and the van alcohol would have to be involved. :D

I don't know why I even allowed such stupidity. Oh yeah we don't have a bender that will bend 4" EMT. :) We needed a 10 degree bend a couldn't even get that!

Hey it might have worked and I bet you could get 10 degrees out of 4" rigid if the van has enough guts but EMT kinks right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.