I am curious how many states and local AHJ's inspect farm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I take a lot of pictures of the PP work that is done and has been done. Some of it was dangerous when installed but is still functioning 50 years later. Why more people aren't killed is beyond me. Maybe electricity just isn't as dangerous as we, in the profession, are led to believe.

Could be the attitude one elderly farmers wife had about the light fixture above her bathroom sink. "Don't touch the sink when you pull the chain on the fixture." Had been that way for 20 years.

kwired

Electron manager
I take a lot of pictures of the PP work that is done and has been done. Some of it was dangerous when installed but is still functioning 50 years later. Why more people aren't killed is beyond me. Maybe electricity just isn't as dangerous as we, in the profession, are led to believe.

Could be the attitude one elderly farmers wife had about the light fixture above her bathroom sink. "Don't touch the sink when you pull the chain on the fixture." Had been that way for 20 years.
The odds are kind of like the lottery, except you don't want the winning ticket with electrical hazards. The occasional shock is like the instant winners with lower dollar values. When the condition of the wiring has deteriorated where is seems more likely something will happen - that is no different than when the jackpot is at an all time high and ticket sales are up. The chance of a winner emerging increases.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
The interesting thing here is you can throw up a building with no building permit because it's ag exempt. But, you still need an electrical permit.:?

kwired

Electron manager
The interesting thing here is you can throw up a building with no building permit because it's ag exempt. But, you still need an electrical permit.:?
Apparently your electrical safety people lobbied harder to lawmakers than they did in other places, or laws are already in place that give them more authority to make that kind of decision without going through legislation.

Here all the rules of the the State Electrical Division are part of the State Electrical Act - in fact the Divisions very existance and how they are to operate is outlined in the Act. If the division wants to change any of the rules in the Act it has to be approved by state legislation before it becomes official. Included in the Act is the current edition of NEC that applies. Every three years in order to adopt the new NEC the State Electrical Act must be edited to include the new code and a bill is created in legislature to make the changes become effective. Bill must pass in legislature before the new code is adopted.

Status
Not open for further replies.