I did something to my NEC on CD........

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmikeman

Since I do not have a copy of that cd I am unable to push the help button for you and search the topics myself. You will have to do it. Here is how- move your mouse over to the help button. Your mouse is going to send a mousedown, followed by a mouseup message to the help button object as soon as you click. The help button will contain a script that responds to the mouseup message it receives. The script will direct the program to open the help container which is probably a set of files stored in another folder on your hard disk , sometimes referred to as a library. If the cd's help program was well written, it will direct you to a file that contains text information that will point you to your solution. If the help program is not complete or not well written, the next step probably will be to check the usually provided link to the support group at the company that made the program, and you ask them wtf? and if they are nice people they answer your question. If not maybe you are out of luck. ;) I hope you find the answer soon.

cadpoint

Did folio views update on you without you knowing - it may be reading differently - I would play around in that....

I'm going to go with e57... not that I'm that much of a computer nut, the word that caught my eye in you screen drop was Shadow in the title.

I used several terms but came up with what I believe describes your condition. folio shadow file Please check the 1st and the middle of the page, Doc's...

What I'm going to suggest is that your NEC CD is formatted to read and present correctly as to what was the active date and version of the software the day it was complied. Since most software has little user tweak aspects of how one might use and "like to see" there software. >> (noting that your are upset that the format changed and /or search is not inhibited)

For the record it was bad programming on Folio part that did not read the present presentation aspects that are presented by the CD to show the same as "existing" (User Preference or even existing programmed or presentation aspects), and forced the program to present the information that was inside the newer software upgrade.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

wdemos

Depending on which operating system you're using sometimes I just do a system restore to a date prior to the mishap.

Maybe during the process it might shed some light on any program upgrades that mat have occurred recently that put in PO Mode.

If it doesn't work out, you can always undo the restore point.

Hope this helps
Bill

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Whats the latest Ken?

BTW, I clicked on your profile to find this thread, you are averaging 14 post a day. Get a life!:grin:

480sparky

Whats the latest Ken?

BTW, I clicked on your profile to find this thread, you are averaging 14 post a day. Get a life!:grin:

Everything I try, it only sticks until I close it. Once I open back up, it's back to the 'new' way.

Frustrating to say the least. I'm used to searching a certain way, and now that method has totally vanished. It's like the NEC in Chinese now.... everything must be manually translated.

e57

It's always had the word Shadow at the top.... from day one of installtion. Both computers.
Ooooo "Shadow" I've seen that before... Your computer is running the program twice - in two location on the same PC - I'm gonna fire up the old brick - the one with folios on it....

chris kennedy

Occupation
Contact tech support tomorrow, if that doesn't help I still have two downloads left, more than happy to give you one.

480sparky

Click "Contents" the tab at the bottom - then right-click on the pane - a menue will pop-up - un-check "Show Check-list".....

I get:

Expand All
Expand to Level.....
Show Expandable Branches
Show Check Boxes

Check List is not an option.

480sparky

Here's what I have when I select the various Tabs along the bottom:

All:
NewAll.jpg

Search:
NewSearch.jpg

Browse:
NewBrowse.jpg

Document:
NewDocument.jpg

Contents:
NewContent.jpg

Hit List:
NewHitList.jpg

Object:
NewObject.jpg

Only Document allows the Next Hit/Previous Hit function to operate, and I do not have a list of the location of all the Hits on the left like I did when first installed:

NEC12.jpg

e57

I get:

Expand All
Expand to Level.....
Show Expandable Branches
Show Check Boxes

Check List is not an option.
Yes - check boxes - sorry....

Also:

A shadow file stores personal changes that you would like to make to an infobase. Much like an [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]overlay [/FONT][/FONT]or [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]transparency [/FONT][/FONT]allows you to annotate information without changing an original printed document, a shadow file allows you to add notes or change the appearance of information in a personal view of an infobase without affecting the original master infobase. When you create a shadow file, you create an overlay of an infobase for your personal use.
Remember, when you add notes, highlighters, or bookmarks to the shadow file, they do not appear in the original infobase (the master). So, any change you make to the shadow file only appears in the shadow file.

You may have also created a shadow file by making a note or book mark...

480sparky

You may have also created a shadow file by making a note or book mark...

It's been a Shadow since the moment it was installed. That's the way it's always been. It has always said "Shadow" from day one. It installed itself that way. The first time I launched it, it said "Shadow" at the top.

e57

It's been a Shadow since the moment it was installed. That's the way it's always been. It has always said "Shadow" from day one. It installed itself that way. The first time I launched it, it said "Shadow" at the top.
As mentioned you may also have some other folio item on your machine - maybe even one you're not using.... Folio un-like adobe keeps it's files with it, not looks at them as a reader. So you may have another version on the machine too. - Not that it would/should matter....

480sparky

As mentioned you may also have some other folio item on your machine - maybe even one you're not using.... Folio un-like adobe keeps it's files with it, not looks at them as a reader. So you may have another version on the machine too. - Not that it would/should matter....

None that I know of. I'm not running anything else I haven't been running the past 2 years.

chris kennedy

Occupation

I find this very unusual as if I try to open Folio when it is already open I'm denied.:confused:

e57

I find this very unusual as if I try to open Folio when it is already open I'm denied.:confused:
Like I said - I have two versions - one type of file (NFPA) opens in one version - the other (CSLB contracting law ref) opens in another - I'm not sure of what type of interaction they have outside of eachother but Folio is only one program on my computer???? Yes - I find it bizarre too.

Status
Not open for further replies.