Inspection Requests - Time frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

satcom

I recently waited 23 days for a rough inspection in Northern NJ. HO's are so mad (paying two mortgages so every day counts) that they're thinking about some sort of legal action.

Where they needed it in a hurry paying for a private inspection agency might of been a way of reducing the wait time, it is permitted in NJ to use a private agency

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
We have one county over here that only has inspections one day a week.

When we did the equipotential grounding for a dairy barn, I had to take hundreds of pictures in the days he wasn't available just to keep the project moving.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Really it is, as long as the inspector is right, it makes me a better electrician and inspector myself...it good to learn from mistakes and good to be thorough...

always willing to take a little criticism as long as it comes with a smile :cool:

Always do it with a smile.:) If we can't laugh and scratch and have to be all serious, I don't want to inspect you job.:grin:

btharmy

Our inspection requests are called in to an automated system that time stamps the call and gives you a reference number. The inspector then has 48hrs to complete the inspection. Call in noon on mon, cover noon on wed, no matter if he shows up or not.

Ken In NJ

Up Date ..

Called the township today and explained the 3 day State UCC law .. while they were sympathetic .. nothing was changing .. They even gave me a # to call at the state capitol .. it was like they wanted me to call .. So I did .. same thing, talked to the head state muckety muck .. said he was sorry and that they have gotten many complaints from that town .. but their hands were tied ..

State an local cutbacks .. :mad:

$100 bucks says if we had the option to use independent inspection agency's .. things would change REAL quick on the local level

We just had a job inspection in Dorchester County Md last week .. independent agency ... SAME day inspection .. they could not get there fast enough after we faxed over the inspection request form. Fee ?? $140 bucks rough and final based on a 18K job. Permit fee ?? 15 bucks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.