Klein Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
The NM-B strippers they make are superb.:D I use them when ever I have to strip any wire. well better than commercial electric and other junk.

mjmike

years ago I worked on a machine to make klein wire strippers for sale thru the big box stores. I met the designer. he was very clear that it was a lower quality product versus their regular wire strippers.

What gets me, is the catalog number. If you check the box stores vs the electric supply house, the catalog numbers and packaging are the same. So how do you distinguish between the cheaper made ones to make sure you are not just paying more money? This is similar for dewalt tools I have read. They say the ones in the big box stores have cheaper internal pars compared to those from a distributor yet they have the same catalog number and packaging. So again, how do you really know when price shopping if you are comparing apples to apples?

kwired

Electron manager
What gets me, is the catalog number. If you check the box stores vs the electric supply house, the catalog numbers and packaging are the same. So how do you distinguish between the cheaper made ones to make sure you are not just paying more money? This is similar for dewalt tools I have read. They say the ones in the big box stores have cheaper internal pars compared to those from a distributor yet they have the same catalog number and packaging. So again, how do you really know when price shopping if you are comparing apples to apples?

Maybe you need to know lot numbers for larger packing units:huh: You would think same catalog number would be same product, now if there were prefixes or suffixes added that could mean there is some kind of difference.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Maybe you need to know lot numbers for larger packing units:huh: You would think same catalog number would be same product, now if there were prefixes or suffixes added that could mean there is some kind of difference.
The UPC bar code should be different at least....

Luketrician

two tools that I have and use that seem to be bullet proof, both I have had since the late nineties & suprised I have not lost them! lol

pair of kliens (side cutters) & a pair of T & B sta-kon pliers ( with the orange and black handles)

Still use these tools almost daily and still no issues :)

Status
Not open for further replies.