LED Recessed lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkgrady

Did you look at the Halo website? :confused:

http://www.haloltg.com/

I did but the customer and GC came to the agreement that starting with a standard Halo can was more importand than waiting for delivery of Halo's LED products. I'm certain the customer is going to install the Cree LED LR6 down the road and he will have what he wants.

I wish I knew what I know now. I could have steered him to Halo or Juno right away. Even yesterday I learned Progress has their own LED recess. It's too late for other choices now. The 19 cans are up

electricmanscott

I did but the customer and GC came to the agreement that starting with a standard Halo can was more importand than waiting for delivery of Halo's LED products. I'm certain the customer is going to install the Cree LED LR6 down the road and he will have what he wants.

I wish I knew what I know now. I could have steered him to Halo or Juno right away. Even yesterday I learned Progress has their own LED recess. It's too late for other choices now. The 19 cans are up

But why not just install a Halo LED into a Halo can? :-?

Fluorescent lamps are upwards of 80 lumens per watt.
The best commercially available LED's are 40 lumens per watt.

With that in mind, I seriously question data sheets claiming otherwise.

Reliability? Again, look at all the LED traffic lights that are failing. I see them everywhere here.

IMHO

This apparent disparity has more to do with the measurement criteria than anything else.
Here's the paraphrased short version... typical lumen-per-watt measurements are averaged across multiple wavelengths. LED's do not emit on all of the included wavelengths and therefore to not meet the same ratings.

mkgrady

This apparent disparity has more to do with the measurement criteria than anything else.
Here's the paraphrased short version... typical lumen-per-watt measurements are averaged across multiple wavelengths. LED's do not emit on all of the included wavelengths and therefore to not meet the same ratings.

So which is brighter per Watt?

Status
Not open for further replies.