Light Switch Distance from Doorway

Status
Not open for further replies.

templdl

My of the countless times I've walked into an dark area that has a ceiling mounted keychain operated light, reaching around in the air searching for that chain to pull. Hit the chain and it swings away and as it swings you try to swing your hand around trying to catch the chain and figure out where the heck it went to knowing that you just touched the darned thing.
With a light switch mounted of the wall one would anticipate that it would be within arm's length of the entry into the room even though there is no code requirements to do a so to my knowledge.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
May I be allow to point out that the Nevada rule does not require the switch to be in the same room as the lighting outlet? :happyno: I can conceive of a floor layout that would require you to open one door and step into that room, in order to reach a light switch that controls a lighting outlet in the next room. :slaphead:

Barbqranch

Occupation
Plant maintenance electrician Semi-retired
May I be allow to point out that the Nevada rule does not require the switch to be in the same room as the lighting outlet? :happyno: I can conceive of a floor layout that would require you to open one door and step into that room, in order to reach a light switch that controls a lighting outlet in the next room. :slaphead:

Sounds like something you would find in the Winchester Mystery House.

Status
Not open for further replies.