Listed connectors????

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

electricmanscott said:
Wow, a little overboard I think. What's it like to be the God of all wiring? Should we bow, kiss your feet, what's the protocol 'cause I don't know..? :grin:

I have done it. And obviously as demonstrated by this very thread....it works and works well for many years.

$.99 Hose clamps work well too. :wink:

I must be an idiot, because I'm not even smart enough to think of using a romex connector for a bug... :cool:

electricmanscott

stickboy1375 said:
I must be an idiot, because I'm not even smart enough to think of using a romex connector for a bug... :cool:

You should read Improperly used electrical equipment for Dummies :grin:

Seriously I have not done this for years. I use parallel groove connectors now but I am not ashamed to admit my past transgressions. :wink:

stickboy1375

electricmanscott said:
You should read Improperly used electrical equipment for Dummies :grin:

Seriously I have not done this for years. I use parallel groove connectors now but I am not ashamed to admit my past transgressions. :wink:

Just for the record, I wasnt trying to break your stones. (too hard anyway...:grin: )

satcom

So you think I have a tough stand, on using romex connectors on service connections, I can't print how I feel about guys hooking up a recess lighting circuit supply, to bootleg neutrals, in the switch boxes, where no neutral is present.

mdshunk

I'd never use romex connectors for temporary taps. That's what those stupid Tomic connectors that come with range and dryer cords are for. Why waste a perfectly good romex connector. ;)

grich

Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
electricmanscott said:

You mean hose clamps like this?

GEDC0017.jpg

By the way, the flying splice not visible in the photo is perfectly safe...the wirenuts are taped. :grin:

JohnJ0906

mdshunk said:
I'd never use romex connectors for temporary taps. That's what those stupid Tomic connectors that come with range and dryer cords are for. ;)

Leave it to Marc to actually find a use for those pieces of junk... ;)

I usually just see how far I can throw them.....

cadpoint

cowboyjwc said:
Just a different angle from what I can see.
Don't know it always bothers me to see blackened copper, First assumption. It seems from picture that, as installed, the ground is already covered already with some galvanized action.
Once removed, one can see the black... Maybe its no copper, but black aluminum ?
Maybe it was brushed off or just grease or sweat that caused this colorization, after its removal ! ? ? :rolleyes:

220/221

The black stuff on the "installed" pic is tape.

I removed (most of) the tape and laid them on the patio table to take the other pic.

There were actually no burned or seriously discolored conductors.

electricmanscott said:
Wow, a little overboard I think. What's it like to be the God of all wiring? Should we bow, kiss your feet, what's the protocol 'cause I don't know..? :grin:

I have done it. And obviously as demonstrated by this very thread....it works and works well for many years.

Just because it "works" does not make it right. It is scary when people who are defending such things are called "professionals". But it explains a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.