LarryFine said:
Way cool! Here's a pic of our house:

OurHouse1.jpg

Thats a fine house Larry.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
peter d said:
Larry, time to take the icicle lights down off the porch. ;)
LOL!:D I didn't notice that.

Larry,

590.3 Time Constraints.

(B) 90 Days. Temporary electric power and lighting installations shall be permitted for a period not to exceed 90 days for holiday decorative lighting and similar purposes.
:D

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
shockin said:
Would it be safe to assume that you don't live in North Carolina then?

It would be OKAY to assume that but you would be wrong. I don't know why 480Sparky has NYC in his location but he does live in Iowa.:)

480sparky

peter d said:

Who knows when the images were taken. ;)

Dennis Alwon said:
It would be OKAY to assume that but you would be wrong. I don't know why 480Sparky has NYC in his location but he does live in Iowa.:)

I do that to see if anyone recognizes the (electrical) significance of that address. So far, no one has even mentioned it. :grin:

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
so yesterday i mentioned i was printing off maps when this thread popped up for jobs today. the one i printed off for my 8AM was completely wrong. none of the roads leading to the one i needed to be on where correct on the map. I happened to find it by chance after doing some circles. i was 15 minutes late because of it. these were country dirt roads; about 50 miles from the shop so i wasn't real familiar with that area.

quogueelectric

480sparky said:
Who knows when the images were taken. ;)

I do that to see if anyone recognizes the (electrical) significance of that address. So far, no one has even mentioned it. :grin:
Alright I will bite lowhanging fruit. What is the significance of this address? I am an UPTOWN Cow

brian john

Never rely completly on MApquest or a GPS I have made long trips and recieved bad information by both. I always compare to a road map for verification.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
480sparky said:
Man, Are you going to tell us? I know alfred waters lived there. Right now there is Century 21 store at the building and years ago this place was there. I give up.

ry%3D320

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
chris kennedy said:
Thats a fine house Larry.
Thanx, and yes, it is. It became one the day I bought it.

peter d said:
Icicle lights? We have never put up icicle lights. :-?

I enlarged the image, and I see what you're talking about. The lines must be an artifact of the image.

chris kennedy said:
Larry, . . .
Chris . . . see above. :cool:

Dennis Alwon said:
Hey that's what xmas looks like in Virginia. :grin:
If you were to see anything holy-holiday-wise, it would be a Menorah; we're Jewish. :wink:

satcom

Originally Posted by 480sparky
I do that to see if anyone recognizes the (electrical) significance of that address. So far, no one has even mentioned it.

That address was the area of the first edison generating plant, and later it was radio row, and then it was the world trade address.

480sparky

satcom said:
Originally Posted by 480sparky
I do that to see if anyone recognizes the (electrical) significance of that address. So far, no one has even mentioned it.

That address was the area of the first edison generating plant, and later it was radio row, and then it was the world trade address.

Possibly, but that's not what I have it down for. Think back to the 1800's.

And I think it's only a half block from where the Twin Towers stood.

Status
Not open for further replies.