Max #of circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Roger, why is this a strange question for a contractor to ask,i have 347 luminares to istall, calculating my number of circuits and conduit runs is critical, rather ask for a second opion than do the job twice, johneymac

Asking for a second opinion is a good idea. Here you'll get many second opinions. :cool:

I only asked about the homework question because we do get them quite often and don't want to just give the answer to someone to write down in their workbook.

celtic

I say it is strange because derating and CCC questions are parts of most if not all licensing exams, I will admit though, I have never taken the NJ contractors exam.

Roger

To the best of my foggy recollection ~ it IS on NJ's test....it's pretty basic stuff.

gmtt

The number of circuits should not be in question in filling a raceway, rather, how many current carrying conductors needs to be filled in. In this case, you have 6 independent circuits, a total of 12 current carrying conductors. If you go to the fill calculator, http://www.electrician2.com/calculators/rf_calculator.html, as an example, you will find a 3/4" conduit should be sufficient. What is bothering me, if you have 6 independent circuits shouldn't you have a CB for each circuit? otherwise having independent neutral beats the purpose of impendency.

daleuger

Let's hope they never fully adopt the metric system here. Why try to fix what isn't broken? :roll:

The Canadians only did about 20, 25 years ago and from what I understand it went over a lot smoother than one would think. A little grace period on the speeding tickets but other than that it wasn't too bad.

iMuse97

Asking for a second opinion is a good idea. Here you'll get many second opinions. :cool:

Often more than you need. And opinions to back up any position you desire to hold, like as not. But everyone seems to help you sort it out sooner or later. To JohneyMac, welcome to the forum.

And to all who have spent the 10 posts discussing luminaires, metric systems, Canada, and China, and wherever, did you realize that you just hijacked the thread? :roll:

Last edited:

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
I hope one of the members of a CMP goes outside and gets some fresh air

The word "luminaries" (lighting fixtures) is the dumbest thing to date IMO

For 100 years it was "fixtures" and now it goes high tech :roll:

Did I miss something??? I thought the original question was about CCC's and derating??

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.