mc in plastic boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolabama

Make no mistake, however, in that there are legal ways to use type MC cable with nonmetallic boxes.

well i wish i would have known that about 4 days ago - i thought you couldnt use em with MC was because if your useing MC you have a fire rating that the plastic boxes wont have

mdshunk

well i wish i would have known that about 4 days ago - i thought you couldnt use em with MC was because if your useing MC you have a fire rating that the plastic boxes wont have
Arlington OneBox is a good nonmetallic fire rated box for adding one receptacle or switch in a rated assembly with type MC cable.

new-F101.jpg

nolabama

i keep seeing those boxes on this forum, i gotta get a couple for the van

but as to what i was doing 4 days ago .. standard blue nail on was being used in a 4 story wood frame with commercial property on first floor , 4th floor will be resi , so correcte me if im wrong i cant use the blue boxes

mdshunk

i keep seeing those boxes on this forum, i gotta get a couple for the van

but as to what i was doing 4 days ago .. standard blue nail on was being used in a 4 story wood frame with commercial property on first floor , 4th floor will be resi , so correcte me if im wrong i cant use the blue boxes
I've never seen a blue wall box with any sort of hour rating. Can't say that I've ever looked, to be frank about it.

mdshunk

well that brings up a question - how do i determine what the fire rateing needs to be - call the AHJ?
Should be on your prints pretty clearly if it varies from area to area of the building (like stair towers, egress halls, etc.). I've seen it right on the permit if the whole building is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.