Measuring lenghts of feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

benaround

We vac in a jet line then pull a mule tape thru. Why ? Well around here, the POCO requires

mule line for their service conduits, and the TELCO requires mule line for their conduits.

Also, we normally use a 1" rope to pull in our feeders and a true tape will break trying to

pull the rope thru, if that happens you have x amount of men standing around while a new

line gets vacuumed thru, that's usually when the boss shows up. :)

ohmhead

Well our power companys OUC or Florida Power we run the primary conduit they pull the wire but the power company does not ever measure they just pull up with that 5000 foot spool and roll it off.
They make us install a 200 lb polyline .

Bell South or At&t they use the inner duct measuring tape that comes with the inner duct and we install the inner duct for them .

Thanks for the input let me ask a question have you ever reused mule tape or true tape try this lets say its been pulled in 10 times take it and roll it out flat on a table then take you scale ruler and check the distance between foot marks let me know what you see .

You will see 1 foot 1/8 to 1 foot 1/4 on different brands that means your shorter than measured length.

When we add length its good because true tape any kind is not accurate after multiple pulls but everyone does it .

I also like the electricians who pull it tight when measuring thats another issue . they think there saving money

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.