Milwaukee Meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

grich

Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
The company's 40-year-old Amprobe died, and it's nice to have TRMS readings, so the boss told me to buy the clamp-on the other day and send in for their free offer...waiting on the LI mini-impact driver to show up. :grin:
37679_2237-20-lg.jpg

Display is nice, LED worklight has been handy. Only annoyance is I keep accidentally hitting the hold button with my finger (on right side of the meter below the jaw...see the fork meter in George's post).

iaov

I have a Fluke clamp on and a very compact and inexpensive (80 bucks) Sperry. I have compared them several times and they are both within a couple of tenths of an amp with each other. I have compared the Sperry to other Flukes and the readings always agree. The result is that I now use the Sperry almost exclusively because of its compact size.

norcal

They're probably not unique products. Techtronic industries of Korea owns Ryobi, Ridgid, Milwaukie among other brands in N.A. market and its probably just made by one of the manufacturing companies in China and just have badged to specs.

As for stray voltage, you can get a Fluke SV225 3kohm resistor pack. It still retains meters' CAT III 1kV and CAT IV 600v safety specs. Those wiggies do not stand up to these safety specs.

They are a Hong Kong holding company, not Korean., hence the reason the ChiCom's are building most Milwaukee tools now.

Status
Not open for further replies.