Minimum amount of work requiring EC license? Handymen getting rich off of TR receps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wording of your ad

Wording of your ad

The question is the non-electrical parts. Those things that keep the cabinet doors locked, and such. What else helps baby-proof the house?

On a sidenote: Anybody else laugh at that Simpsons episode where the baby-proofer came for an estimate and Homer drew bunnies on the receptacles?

Marge: But Maggie isn't afraid of bunnies
Homer: She will be.

My suggestion would be to stick to your profession. Word your ad in such a way as to provide the service of "Electrically Baby Proofing Your Home". Than you could do TP installations, insure the whole elec system is properly grounded/bonded, etc.

Leave the cabinet locks to the handyman !!

Good luck with it.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
My suggestion would be to stick to your profession. Word your ad in such a way as to provide the service of "Electrically Baby Proofing Your Home". Than you could do TP installations, insure the whole elec system is properly grounded/bonded, etc.

Good luck with it.

Good point!

mtfallsmikey

Good luck with it.

Now you're talking!! Instead of complaining, you EC's should have your own websites, with loads of consumer info on it. The Baby Proofing would be good advertising in a newspaper, and especially on a local radio talk show.

Status
Not open for further replies.