MV SWG installation in e-house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Maybe...it is a fact that he does not quote a specific violation.
Neverthless it seems that burden of proof is on my shoulders :weeping:

Do you have any reference of MV switchgears installed in shelters e.g. in photovoltaic plants, in the US?

I do not think in compact shelters you can found a 4ft clearance in rear, since you can simply open a door of the shelter if you need to work on incomer cables.
An easy comparison is a panelboard in an electrical closet. Many AHJ will pass if there is Code required work clearance with the door open.

Tony S

Maybe...it is a fact that he does not quote a specific violation.
Neverthless it seems that burden of proof is on my shoulders :weeping:

Do you have any reference of MV switchgears installed in shelters e.g. in photovoltaic plants, in the US?

I do not think in compact shelters you can found a 4ft clearance in rear, since you can simply open a door of the shelter if you need to work on incomer cables.

I’m designing a transformer/switch cubical at the moment for 3.3KV. Getting it past the local planning authority (AHJ) is going to be interesting.

markanoids

I’m designing a transformer/switch cubical at the moment for 3.3KV. Getting it past the local planning authority (AHJ) is going to be interesting.

To whom it may interest...

...UL inspector said (in written form...) that there is no explicit violation so we can proceed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.