net 30 on first job

Status
Not open for further replies.

boboelectric

This is a small commercial job for the schwan food company. I have never worked for them and normally do not do net 30 payments on first time customers. It is probably not a big future deal with them just a 1 time deal or maybe a few small items in the far away future.
Just trying to get a feel of how others are doing it.

Thanks

I do work for Schwan in 84,Pa.15330. Good pay in 30 days.(a lot of truck outlet repairs)

Sparky555

How do you guys feel about net 30 wait for payment on first time customer?
How do you normally get around it?
Just curious.
Thanks in advance

What's important is how do you feel about it? If you have a "payment due at time of service" company policy and you are asked to do a job for a "payment at 30 days" company, how are you going to handle it?

It seems to me your choices are:

1) Be firm with your company policy and see if they'll be flexible.
2) Be more flexible and ask for payment at time of service for the first couple jobs and after you've established a good business relationship, go to 30 days.
3) Accept their payment terms and hope for the best.

Commercial payment is typically 30 days or worse. Sometimes if I hand an invoice from the truck to the right person I get payment immediately. IMO for a good client (within 60 days) I don't care when they pay as much as receiving payment when they promise it. As a small contractor I prefer business without statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.