Neutral strap cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Well that's kind of my point. There are usually holes in every panel for the "listed" ground bar to be installed in. If you don't have a tap, then you should get one.

I'm just saying that just because someone doesn't like it doen't make it a hack job and just because you did it the way you thought it should be done, doesn't always make it right.

You being a figuretive term of course.;)

The Square D panel in this thread has holes for "listed" ground bars. The ground bars come with self tapping machine screws making it unnecessary to tap the hole before installing the ground bar.

I don't see anything in their instructions about tapping hole first - in fact it says to torque to 30 lb-in after overcoming starting torque.

Link to technical bulletin for Square D equipment grounding bar.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
The Square D panel in this thread has holes for "listed" ground bars. The ground bars come with self tapping machine screws making it unnecessary to tap the hole before installing the ground bar.

I don't see anything in their instructions about tapping hole first - in fact it says to torque to 30 lb-in after overcoming starting torque.

Link to technical bulletin for Square D equipment grounding bar.

If the self tapping screws are enough to remove the paint then that's fine. I'm just telling you what the code says.

Status
Not open for further replies.