New GE AFCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Anyone know the price difference for these new GE breakers vs. the others with both AFCI and GFCI protection? Are they cheaper? Anything that prevents nuisance tripping is IMO a good thing.
Trevor, my understanding is that these breakers are already out there and will replace the standard AFCI that GE sells. The price, I believe, is the same. FWIW, I have had to replace one bad GE AFCI since the breakers have been out. I use GE much to the dismay of many on this forum. :)

macmikeman

Dennis, if this GE arc works out on the multiwire circuits, then you have given me another great gift. (First one being "that" avatar....) GE panels and multiwire branch circuits are pretty much the norm for 80 per cent of existing load centers out here. So far I have been having to run a circuit to add a receptacle and sometimes another panel as well for it to fit into when there is no space left in the existing panel. This will allow an extension to the existing circuit (providing it can handle it of course). Major cool tip. Thanks.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Trevor, my understanding is that these breakers are already out there and will replace the standard AFCI that GE sells. The price, I believe, is the same. FWIW, I have had to replace one bad GE AFCI since the breakers have been out. I use GE much to the dismay of many on this forum. :)

I still use them too. Have a job right now where the new service will be GE.

Status
Not open for further replies.