New Service AFCI breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwm1752

I agree being an AHJ but I also think your opinion matters - doesn't mean I'll agree but I will at least listen & discuss -- He who says they knows all is proof they do not

kwired

Electron manager
Huh? :blink:

His original comment was a reply to what is written in the 2014. His point was that until the 2014 becomes the adopted code in the area you still have to go by which ever year is your current official code, and take any official amendments into consideration also.

electricmanscott

His original comment was a reply to what is written in the 2014. His point was that until the 2014 becomes the adopted code in the area you still have to go by which ever year is your current official code, and take any official amendments into consideration also.

Ok I see that now but I disagree in this case. The rule wasn't clearly defined and the 2014 change clarifies what the intent was.

kwired

Electron manager
Ok I see that now but I disagree in this case. The rule wasn't clearly defined and the 2014 change clarifies what the intent was.

But if you go back and look at what the law is for your area and find it to be 2008 NEC is the standard to be used, then anything in the 2011 or 2014 does not matter one bit. If the AHJ wants to immediately incorporate something in a later edition but otherwise keep 2008 as the base, it must be done via amendments.

electricmanscott

But if you go back and look at what the law is for your area and find it to be 2008 NEC is the standard to be used, then anything in the 2011 or 2014 does not matter one bit. If the AHJ wants to immediately incorporate something in a later edition but otherwise keep 2008 as the base, it must be done via amendments.

I understand that. I'm speaking to this particular thread and the obvious confusion over the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.