No NEC on CD-ROM in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericsherman37

Didn't read through the whole thread, so forgive me if it's already been mentioned...

I just bought a softcover 2011 NEC at my local Platt Electric branch and there was an offer for a free download of the PDF version. I went to the site and signed away my identity and all that, and downloaded the PDF. As in, it's on my hard drive. I have the regular ol' free version of Adobe Reader and it's searchable, copy and pasteable, and everything.

How much do you guys pay (on average) for a softbound NEC? Mine was $47, and included the PDF download.

225.26 Vegetation as Support. Vegetation such as trees
shall not be used for support of overhead conductor spans.

See? Copy and paste! Tangentially, I wonder if wood tree trunk power poles are all in violation of this code section.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
Didn't read through the whole thread, so forgive me if it's already been mentioned...

I just bought a softcover 2011 NEC at my local Platt Electric branch and there was an offer for a free download of the PDF version. I went to the site and signed away my identity and all that, and downloaded the PDF. As in, it's on my hard drive. I have the regular ol' free version of Adobe Reader and it's searchable, copy and pasteable, and everything.

How much do you guys pay (on average) for a softbound NEC? Mine was $47, and included the PDF download.

See? Copy and paste! Tangentially, I wonder if wood tree trunk power poles are all in violation of this code section.

WOW $47 FOR 2011 THE 2008 COST $72 HERE IN MASS ,I THINK IT'S TIME TO MOVE OUT OF MASS:mad:

LEO2854

Esteemed Member

ON the NFPA web site it list for $85 members $76.50.http://www.nfpa.org/aboutthecodes/AboutTheCodes.asp?DocNum=70&cookie_test=1

ericsherman37

WOW $47 FOR 2011 THE 2008 COST $72 HERE IN MASS ,I THINK IT'S TIME TO MOVE OUT OF MASS:mad:

I think my $47 price was because of a promotional sale or something they had going on. I jumped on it because I didn't know when the price would get back up to normal. Plus I wanted the free PDF offer.

joebell

That's the Handbook, not the NEC.

At the bottom of the page it lists the NEC CD-ROM for $107. I thought I read on another post that Chris Kennedy downloaded the PDF version from NFPA for around 80 bucks. The CD does not say how many computers you can upload to. I have been told the CD's in the past allowed you 3 uploads.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Found this today.

NEC 2011 CD-ROM

Wonder if it true. It must be. It's on the internet. . .

I checked and its not listed at NFPA site or in their weekly catalog.

At the bottom of the page it lists the NEC CD-ROM for $107. I thought I read on another post that Chris Kennedy downloaded the PDF version from NFPA for around 80 bucks. The CD does not say how many computers you can upload to. I have been told the CD's in the past allowed you 3 uploads.

The old Cd's had a 2 count limit and after playing around it would appear the same is true of the 2011 pdf.

Status
Not open for further replies.