No other place to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

billsnuff

but ya doesn't hasta call me Johnson

but ya doesn't hasta call me Johnson

Ray Jay Johnson Junior

billsaluga.jpg

The reason to keep private?? While I do have several hundred posts to this forum, none of my my former names lasted more than 10-20 posts. I had a fellow contractor, whom I thought was a friend, use posts against me in bidding. ( i.e. Here is my competitor, asking questions about so and so, therefore, since I did not ask questions, I am more qualified.) While it is hard to cultivate relationships using this method, my former "friend". has since hung up his hat. I know several members here, one a respected E.C. and inspector with whom I have dealt with recently. (Even though he doesn't know it --am I a stalker now?)
It's sometimes hard with me to deal with inspectors because I never know their knowledge base they have. On occasion it's obvious--we've all been there--(I wouldn't let him inspect my dog house), but I was pleasantly surprised to see my inspector (older gentalman, at least to me --I'm 40) has put several proposals up to various C.M.P.'s. To me, It shows a true committment to the trade and he also understands various problems we all run into (previous handyman work, lack of funds for building owners etc.) and will propose solutions to make a code compliant install.

By the way, my name is Steve..

While it is just plain wrong, I guess I am the victor due to the fact I'm still in business (victor being used in the loosest definition of the word). I would never like to see another contractor in my area go out of business because they also may need to support a wife, kids, house etc., but to use my comments in against me in A: my quest for knowledge, B: understanding the total scope of the work , and most importantly:C: what did I miss?? makes me belive it was not done in an appropriate manner...
My feelings are: I would rather learn from your mistakes than mine!

While it is just plain wrong, I guess I am the victor due to the fact I'm still in business (victor being used in the loosest definition of the word). I would never like to see another contractor in my area go out of business because they also may need to support a wife, kids, house etc., but to use my comments in against me in A: my quest for knowledge, B: understanding the total scope of the work , and most importantly:C: what did I miss?? makes me belive it was not done in an appropriate manner...
My feelings are: I would rather learn from your mistakes than mine!

Like u said, a good reason to remain unknown. I just known as 'brother'. lol ;)

mxslick

Real name's Tony Bandiera Jr....in beautiful Hawthorne, CA just southeast of LAX...

mxslick is from my motocross racing days, a famous pro rider of the time named me "Slick" as I was riding an ancient 1978 YZ125..

My last name is pronounced as Ban - Dee - Era

or as I like to tell folks, it's like (Antonio) Banderas but without the "S" , the good looks and the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.