number of ground rods

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian john

It seems like you are in the testing business I have never even seen a groundrod test can you (or anyone) tell us if on average (in your area) 1 groundrod is around 25 Ohms?

I have tested in the Washington Metro area from less than one ohm to over 100 ohms, for a single 8' electrode. Just west of here over 250 ohms, with 10 rods, a ufer and 150' of #2 bare tinned in the ground.

JohnE

Hi John.Nice to see you here. I am glad you agree.

Please let me know if if that code review happens.

I did Crownshield Ave this AM

I always take their class. Bill's view on this might surprise some. It did me.

I also agree, the 2nd electrode is required in Romeo's example.

I'll call you Romeo when it's set up. Mike's in charge of MECA in this area and e plans on putting one together in Milford probably in February. That's what he's done the last 2 or 3 cycles.

I've taken my past 2 reviews with Bill and Charlie and I've been very impressed with them.

Scott, it's about 40 minutes from you if you're interested.

aperrysr

Re: 2nd Ground Rod

Re: 2nd Ground Rod

It really depends on the size of the service entering the building, however the building cold water line is a sufficiant secondary ground, also keep in mind that if there is a steel structure it also require additional grounding.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
It really depends on the size of the service entering the building, however the building cold water line is a sufficiant secondary ground, also keep in mind that if there is a steel structure it also require additional grounding.

Could you explain what you mean by the service size and secondary ground?

Welcome to the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.